Sunday 24 March 2013

My Gaza, a poem.

Raise the Seige Un-finished, other than in Sentiment!

O my gaza, my Gaza.
What has become of thee?
Hemmed in on all sides,
Seiged and beseiged.
O my brothers, my Brothers.
What has become of your plight?
Lacking the means to provide,
Made to lack the means to fight.
O my sisters, my Sisters.
Why does your hair grey?
Forced to watch your children grow,
Only to be humiliated, and made low.

O my children, my Children.
Why have you not played?
How can you in this war zone?
Where you are targeted and hunted.
O my gaza, My Gaza.
What has become of thee?
Bombed, demolished and made unsafe,
For my people that inhabit thee.

O my people, My People.
What has become of us?
That we can't see,
That we hide behind viels of hypocrisy.
O my people, My People.
Why do we do nothing?
Being no better than those thieves,
No better than the murderers who glory in others' griefs.
O my people, My People.
What will it take?
For you to see all that misery,
And to end it, for our own sake.
O my people, My People.
What will it take?
For us to raise this unjust seige,
And this World, a better place, to make!

END
For the veils of hypocrisy ever cover our sight,
Enter our hearts, and cause us to die.
So we become one amongst them who cares not, feels not.
Unless we do, and dare to act!

Many people complicate the issue of Phalestine,
But it is not so for the people who live it.
It is as my brother Malcolm (X) said...
"If a man sticks a knife in you and then pulls it out half an inch..
Do you expect me to thank him?"
Phalestine was never theirs, will never be theirs..
The countless lives they have taken,
The innumerable misery and terrorism they have caused will never be forgotten...
But we, Alhamdolillah, are more principled than they..
We will let GOD, most gracious, take our revenge..
And refrain, and hold back our hand!

And do justice to them
and if they incline to PEACE, then we too will incline to PEACE even as GOD commands us to.

And in GOD, most gracious, we put our trust!
And we know that this life has a begining and an end, and our return is to GOD, who will judge us according to our deeds and how we treated our fellow man (All of them!).

And I comdemn all terrorism, state or individual in all of the places of the World.

Shafi

Forever thinking & crying for my brothers and sisters, sons and
daughters in Phalestine (and throughout the World).

1st published MySpace 1st May 2008


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: