Thursday 12 October 2017

Promitory

Promitory 



Point me the way
And I shall follow thee
O my promitory

Although my appreciation of thee
Is necessarily 2D
You are forever in my sights 

Sometimes I err
And forget your existence 
But then you bring me back to my self

Then I pinch thee. 
But when you bring good my way
I indulge, but do not call thee hero. 

And where my brains cannot justify a path
Then I ascribe to thee all that is irrational and prescient
Thee art the fall guy. 

Ever ready to take the blame
Silent
Yet so vital. 

My first sense 

(C) Shafeesthoughts 12 October 2017
MSBachelani

Promitory is artistic license. 
There is no such word in the English Language, but for me it fits. 

1 comment:

Shafeesthoughts said...

Promitory is ostensibly about smell, but smell is not the first sense.

We know that the first sense that we are endowed with is hearing, and this is clear even within a verse of the Quranic speech.

But this poem is talking about a deeper sense that we ascribe to smell.

When you make other people the centre of your being in the small things, then that sense which we call intuition is only sharpened.

May we all be brought close to the Most Gracious, the provender of all good, the knower of the finest mysteries. Aameen.