Monday 9 December 2013

Leaves me to adventure in faraway lands.

Leaves me to adventure in faraway lands.

Gulls call,
Soar and sweep.
Yonder hand that feeds them
With scraps of meat.

Ever is the way with all.
That nourishment comes where
Least looked for.
Waste not, want not says the Master.

All except for men.
Who goad and bitter death.
Who look not for return.
Prince and proudly they would stand.

Until the leveller passes them by,
That then their limbs might fall and die.
And then for them be no return.
And yet the sea, yet rages on.

For industry will not let lie.
Death be gone.
Let me finish this song.

Unfurl my sails.
Depart these shores,
Leave me to adventure in
Faraway lands.

--------------
Wrote after reading "in cabin'd ship at sea".

Notes-
In the Qur'an GOD declares that HE provides nourishment to all creatures from places that we cannot see or fathom.

Including man.
Excepting man.
For where man goes,
And those that rely on him,
Want and hunger will follow.

Except at the end of days.
See. Surah Kouirat.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: