Saturday 7 May 2022

The Reflection (events invitation)

This Wednesday evening after Dinner from 9:30pm I’ll be holding a taster session on how our reflection on the Quran will progress. 

The ultimate reason for these sessions is to provide a structure so that the reflection can progress along avenues that we can each benefit from, but most of all myself. 

Alhamdolillah Allah t’ala has blessed me with something of this ability, and yet I would never pay claim to being a knowledgeable man. 

But as Allah t’ala calls such people doors in His scripture. Then I would hope to unlock doors for you that you might yourself push through. 

The reflection should never be about providing answers, but about each of our individual relationships both with God and with His speech. 

Primarily what you would learn from these sessions is not to provide people with solutions, but to help them each with their own journeys through their Qurans and ultimately with their own lives. 

To become doors for them, that they might become doors for still others. 

So that you can see and feel the benefit of such an approach first hand I would start the deliberation with something that I know, through reflection, to be Sahih. 

It is not documented, nor can it be found in any book.

So deliberate first upon
*“the man from the furtherest part of town”*
who is mentioned in S YaSin. 

Who is the man?
Who is he referring to?
Who were the three Messengers?

Read the first part of S YaSin and deliberate. And if you come to the session then I will act as a door for you that you might feel the beauty of the revelation. 

My one proviso is that when I teach you, you would likewise teach another in the same manner. Providing hints and guidance, but not the answer. 

Shafi 

RSVP
*Date-* Wednesday 11th May
*Time* from 9:30pm till 11pm
*Address-* REDACTED

*Please inform me if you are coming so that I can arrange for mint tea and snacks*

No comments: