Saturday 5 August 2017

if I were Palestinian (poem)

If I were Palestinian. (Poem). 

If I were a Palestinan
I wonder how I would cope

With the loss of my land,
My people, my home. 

They say to keep heart 
One must compare

Not with those that have much 
But with those that have less than luck

If I were a Palestinian 
I wonder how would I cope 

Would I bear with patience 
The animosity of this thief Na-tion. 

What could stop me from venting my anger 
In self destructive ways?

If I were a Palestinian 
I wonder how I would cope 

When they come 
Knocking on our doors

Stealing our children 
Locking them away

Murdering them in our streets
That the old people might live to mourn 

Would I pick up their planted knives?
Would I believe their disgusting lies?

If you were a Palestinian 
I wonder how you could cope

Would you crumble 
At that first Israeli missile strike?

How would you cope?
With settler violence

Vindictive and vicious. 
Unchecked by Moses's law. 

If I were a Palestinian.
I know how I would cope. 

The doors of heaven 
Lie at the feet of Jerusalem

Not in it's Temple.  

And those they kill 
They are not dead. 

No comments: